CiTOH terminals (was Re: old friend is slimming down the warehouse)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:55:50 CDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Pete Lancashire
<pete at petelancashire.com> wrote:
> Rather have a C Itoh CT-101e ..

I can probably help with that.  I'm in Ohio and I get out to Chicago
and NJ a couple of times a year.  I have a cabinet of CiTOH terminals
I bought from my employer "some years ago".  ;-)  We used an
assortment of DEC VT10x, VT220, CiTOH 101 and CiTOH 101e terminals.
ISTR the CiTOHs were as much as $800 cheaper than DEC terminals at the
time.  They were robust and at one point, I pulled out of the manuals
the magic escape sequence to "switch sessions" and use the local
printer port as a second comms line (we just had to bang out a custom
DB25 adapter since the entire company was standardized on Nevada
Western 6p6c modular serial and we didn't have a box of the right
adapters for the printer port).   It was awesome having two live lines
in front of our usual switchbox setup for connecting to multiple
hosts.

> ... knew one of the developers

Neat!

> F/W was done in the US I can no longer remember the key combination but the
> terminal would let you know who did it

That would be fun to look up.

> Anyone wants to gain a cubic foot or two let me know

You got it!

-ethan