Pdp-10 emulation

Tedd Martin Vazquez tmv713 at cryptolab.net
Thu Mar 3 03:22:06 CST 2016

Ian S. King:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> Hi, I'm trying to install ITS using this tutorial:
>>> http://www.cosmic.com/u/mirian/its/itsbuild.html
>>>
>>> Once I got it, how do I run the software inside the OS? Or I'm just not
>>> getting how it works?
>>>
>>> Thank you¡
>>

>> I know nothing at all about ITS, and would follow Rich's guidance on this.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Rob
>>

> I've installed ITS successfully in the past, using those notes, so it can
> be done (unless something's changed).  However, ITS is a somewhat odd beast
> - its user shell is the debugger, for example.  I think suggestions that
> you start with TOPS-20 are good advice.  It will feel much more familiar,
> especially if you've used something like RSX-11 or VMS.  -- Ian

I'm going to say that I'm really new, so I thought ITS will have more
information and software, specially because of the importance for Emacs
and the GNU project, reading the answers by Rich I think using TOPS will
be a lot better; I want to see what can I code and if there are more
people who knows about TOPS-20, definitely that's what I want.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped me :)

Tedd