Cables

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Mar 3 07:33:47 CST 2016

    > From: Jim S

    > Anyone have a source for IDC cables / supplies? I'm in need of some 40,
    > 50 and various other cables and connectors.

If you're talking about the standard .1" double-row connectors on flat cables,
the _parts_ for them (connectors and cables) are quite easy to find (most
suppliers such a Mouser, Jameco, etc have them, and you can also find them on
eBait); buy some, and make up your own cables. They're dirt cheap that
way. (Just use a vice to press the connectors onto the cable; you don't need
to buy the special crimping tool.)

	Noel