Looking for a 2W 1 ohm fusible resistor

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 10:28:33 CST 2016

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 11:19 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> If you do take the fusible resistor route, be careful to pay attention to the *type* of fusible resistor.   Some are wirewound; others are composition--the former may well exhibit a stray inductance that doesn't sit well in a chopper circuit.

Out of curiosity, what does a "fusible resistor" look like?  What are the specs?  I hadn't heard of any such thing before today.

In my experience, film resistors (i.e., the conventional carbon or metal film resistors) are "fusible" -- if you overload them significantly they will release magic smoke and stop conducting.  Is that adequate?

	paul