Which RT-11 for an 11/03

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Sat Mar 12 06:10:08 CST 2016

Jerome —

	Thanks for jumping in here. All good questions, and here’s what my plan is.

	I bought the H11 as a project. I have a soft spot for the PDP-11, after owning (and donating) an 11/34 to the RICM. This unit needed a lot of physical TLC but was believed to be functional (it was).

	The original configuration was the CPU card (DEC), two 16kw memory boards (Heath; with appropriate memory hole at the top) and a single SLU (Heath). I located two more SLUs (all Heath), an extra memory board (32kw; unbranded) and a parallel board (Heath; not installed).

	After lots of cleaning, then qualifying the power supply, and confirming the board jumpers were set properly, I fired it up, using PDP11GUI as the console, and I got the ODT prompt. So, good news there.

	My unit did not come with Heath’s RX01-equivalent (and no software or manuals), so there’s no method of storage. I stumbled upon the TU58EM program and since I had two SLUs configured properly, I thought I’d give it a try as an alternative to nothing. I really don’t have the room for a real RX01, so I though this was a fair compromise.

	What am I going to do with this setup? I don’t know. Right now it’s fun reacquainting myself with DEC after about 10 years without one.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
http://www.classiccmp.org/cini