Restoring Nylon parts (like the card guides in a PDP-8a chassis)

Doug Ingraham dpi at dustyoldcomputers.com
Tue Mar 22 11:33:43 CDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Jules Richardson <
jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting... so boiling them can make them expand too much, leaving them
> for a few weeks will allow them to contract, but they "remember" their
> manufactured size, such that a few weeks after they they aren't trying to
> return to their shrunken, pre-boiled state?

Its not that they remember their size, it is just that they will get back
to the original tolerances.  I imagine if you live someplace where the
humidity is 90+% all the time you won't have the shrinking issue at all.

--
Doug Ingraham
PDP-8 SN 1175