Resistor/Fuse replacement (DEC H7104-D)

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:56:46 CDT 2016

Vincent & All,

Yes, I read that the series conforms to that particular UL fusing
requirement. My point was that I didn't see any promotion of or expansion
on the fusing qualities of the design. The UL spec almost seemed like an
afterthought. But then, I am not an engineer - so not used to parsing these
documents to such a level.

But you comment on fire prevention is duly noted. As the saying goes, "the
transformer fails open to save the fuse" ;-)

As for a resistor + fuse in series, I suspect you'd want to spec the fuse
for allowable currents - and then spec the resistor to withstand any
current in that range.  Point being, you only +need+ one 'weak link' in the
design.

Thoughts?