Here's what happens when an 18 year old buys a mainframe...

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:54:40 CDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Jim Brain <brain at jbrain.com> wrote:
> OK, I have to admit, that video is impressive,  he held the audience
> attention better than people twice his age, and the sheer audacity has to be
> commended.
>
> Sadly, my zOS days are long over, I don't even remember how to configure LU2
> or LU6.2 anymore, and I got paid to do that.
>
> That said, I do not regret getting into "home" computers :-)  Man, those
> machines are heavy and bulky.
>
> Anyone have the zOS machine that was in a PC case (or is my memory off on
> that)?

Jim you mean the P/390? I have a couple of those yes. First ones were
Microchannel; later ones were PCI. S/390 CPU & memory on a card; all
other devices emulated under OS/2 or AIX. Could only run the earlier
versions of z/OS; they were strictly 31-bit only.

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'