PDP-8/e sales brochure

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon May 2 09:55:38 CDT 2016

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 08:59:50PM +0200, Mattis Lind wrote:
> I found a really nice PDP-8/e sales brochure while browsing through our
> heaps of documentation.
>
> Plenty of nice close up photos and as last picture a system with everything.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96935524/Datormusuem/pdp8e-sales.pdf

"System with everything".  Neat.  I remember RSTS development had an 11/70 system that was intended to have "two of everything". Everything then supported by RSTS/E, that is.  So of course its node name was "ARK".  At some point the number of supported peripherals got to the point where they couldn't live on a single machine any longer, either that or we needed more CPU for the team size, and a second machine ("GROK", an 11/44) was added to hold "the rest of the supported devices".

Actually, ARK had some unsupported stuff on it, for example an RP07.  That worked fine on an 11/70 (though not on any machine -- you needed the high speed Massbus found only there) but DEC never officially supported it.

	paul