AW: When did Memory- and IO Protection Emerge (Esp. in Minis)?

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed May 4 16:02:59 CDT 2016

Marc wrote...
-----
My 1974 HP 21MX, descendant of the HP 2100A, sure inherited this Memory Protect card. One register that you load, prevents access to any memory below the address of the register.
----
That's just the fence register (memory access interception) capability. There's also the I/O & HLT instruction interception, interrupt interception,  etc. mentioned earlier.

M.E.M. was standard option (ie. Included) with most E/F machines.

I don't know if the 2114/5/6 had the same capabilities in the fence area....