3D Printing cases and SGI "skins"

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:52:31 CDT 2016

On Wed, 11 May 2016, geneb wrote:
> Do NOT use SketchUp to create parts for 3D printing.  You'll end up with
> an STL that's all screwed up.

Ah, okay, thanks for this tip.

> A good, free tool for this kind of thing would be DesignSpark
> Mechanical.  It has a workflow similar to SketchUp.

Cool. I'm not fond of SketchUp anyhow. I'm switchin'. If you've ever used
qcad, I'm wondering what you or others might know/think of it. That one
works on my Unix boxes, that's why I ask. It's been flirting with me every
since I've seen it appearing in various pkg repos.

> That's not a C-64.  It's an emulated C-64 with a PC keyboard. :)

Heh, sorry, I didn't read it too close. I shoulda known from the keyboard.
Plus the screen is too darn small.

-Swift