PDP-11

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 12 07:21:10 CDT 2016

    > From: Dave Wade

    > Small card, looks like it fits deep in bus.

If it is a QBUS grant continuity card, it will have two looped-back pin pairs
(the QBUS has two grant lines - DMA and interrupt) on the back-side, with a
blank pin between them. (AM2-AN2 and AR2-AS2, to be exact.)

    > Any clues on where I can find pin-outs for making a cable.

All the DEC 40-pin serial line headers have the same pintout, AFAIK. So you
can use any of the manuals for the DL11, e.g. EK-DL11-OP-001, available
widely, e.g.:

  http://vaxhaven.com/images/4/42/EK-DL11-OP-001.pdf

which uses that same pinout, and has it in great detail, for making a cable.
Those directions produce at DTE cable - if you want to produce a DCE
(suitable for plugging into another computer), you need to reverse RD and TD,
etc.

	Noel