Replacement for a Corcom F2987A EMI Filter

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri May 13 11:54:59 CDT 2016

On 05/13/2016 11:10 AM, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> I have found an original filter on ebay in the US,
> shipping it here would cost about the same as buying a
> modern replacement. So I have a choice: 1. Fit a modern
> replacement, which won't fit exactly and won't look right,
> but will surely last a while. 2. Fit a working original,
> which will fit and will look right, but may fail on me.
> What is the longevity of these filters like in general?
Gee, I've NEVER had one fail in any of the gear I have.  I
did have an "X" capacitor fail in a big switching power
supply, but this was just a capacitor on a board.  I've
never had a Corcom or other brand of power entry/line filter
go bad.

So, I think that one particular type might have had some
kind of manufacturing defect.

Jon