ISO: Keyboard/mouse for MIPS RC2030 workstation

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sat May 14 16:27:54 CDT 2016

On 14/05/2016 20:29, Josh Dersch wrote:

> Got me an early MIPS workstation, an RC2030.  I'm trying to track down a
> keyboard and mouse for it.  The keyboard connector uses an 8-pin DIN
> connector.  Anyone have any leads?  (Or know what the pinouts and
> protocol might be?)

I don't know, but having seen quite a few older keyboards I'd guess that
it's likely to be RS232 (+/- 12V) or RS423 (+/- 5V).  Early SGIs and
some 68000 machines I've seen elsewhere were like that, so a voltmeter
might tell you something.  Early SGIs, for example, were RS423 levels
600baud and up/down encoded (there's pinout and keycode tables in older
IRIX manpages).

--
Pete