PDP-12 Space Wars

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Mon May 16 02:07:41 CDT 2016

Hi

I have some time scheduled to work on the PDP-12 at Update. It's
uncertain if the machine works at the moment, it has had some
intermittent problems, but if it does or we can get it working I would
like to get Space Wars running on the thing.

I have found source for a few versions for PDP-8 with LAB-8/e and for PDP-12:

http://www.chdickman.com/pdp8/spacewar/
http://www.rcsri.org/collection/pdp-12/

I'm not sure if any of the PDP-8 versions will run without porting and
I'm not even sure which assembler to use for the PDP-12 versions.

So, I'm hoping someone reading this has somewhat fresh memory of what is
needed to build and run space wars on a PDP-12.

Perhaps someone even has an assembled version.

We have LAP6-DIAL and means to transfer files to the PDP-12 over the
serial interface.

/P