Analog Computers (Was Re: [Sbms] MW stuff for Sale)

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 01:16:18 CDT 2016

Hi Cory,

For the past several months, from abebooks I have been collecting every analog computer book I could find.  I have:

Basics of Analog Computers, T. D. Truit and A. E. Rogers
High Speed Analog Computers, Rajkio Tomovic and Walter Karplus
Electronic Analog Computer Primer, James E Stice and Bernet S. Swanson
Introduction to Analog Computer Programming, Dale I. Rummer
Analog Computation, Albert S. Jackson
Electronic Analog Computers, Granino A. Korn, Theresa M. Korn
Analog and  digital Computer Methods in Engineering Analysis, James Smith, M. L. James, J. C. Wolford

>From scouring the web, I picked up several PDFs:
Heathkit EC-1 operation manual
Basic Analog Computer techniques, Stewart and Atkinson
Construction article Practical Electronics 1978
The History of Analog Computing, Kent Lundberg

I am planning to build a machine.  I have purchase 20 or so Analog Devices multipliers, and have the rest of the stuff already here and coming together.  I will probably do this in the form of an analog synth, Eurorack style modules, but welcome your ideas.  I have all the schematic capture and PCB tools to apply to this effort also.

I welcome some collaboration on this, and I have free for shipping High Speed Analog computers and Analog Electronic Computer Primer for the first volunteer, as in my haste I bought duplicates of these two books.

Randy Dawson
KF7CJW