Issues with VT420 (was Re: LK401 Keyboard)

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Wed May 18 13:01:54 CDT 2016

On 18/05/2016 18:21, "Aaron Jackson" <aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk> wrote:

> The terminal arrived today but unfortunately it doesn't power
> on. I've checked the fuse and continuity of the cable, fiddled with the
> contrast, etc. It doesn't do anything, not even a self test. The
> terminal is completely silent, not even a transformer humming.
>
> I have contacted the seller, but if anyone has any suggestions about
> what might be the issue, please let me know.
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Aaron

The power switch at the front was notorious for breaking because it's a
left/right slider and people got too 'energetic'. The terminal should show
either 'keyboard error 4' if one isn't connected or 'VT420 OK' in a box in
the centre of the screen if one is, as well as a beep. Make sure the power
switch does slide cleanly from left (off) to right.

Mind, if you've just bought this you'll not be wanting to take it to bits. I
would, but that's because we as a company used to fix them.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator