Surplus DEC MINC

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Wed May 18 21:54:52 CDT 2016

Tony,
    Too bad your MINC is so far from me. I would love to have the spare parts and RL01s to assist in my MINC restoration.

   I would like to collaborate with who ever gets your MINC. Some other kind souls on this list have helped me with copies
of the Lab Subroutine Package software and Scientific Subroutine Package software for MINC.

   I have my MINC-23 running with a 11/23 CPU and an Emulex UC07 / SCSI2SD so I can transfer RT-11 software from various
internet web sites to a microSD card and run from it. I had to upgrade my BDV-11 with new EPROMs to boot a DU device
 (Thanks to Malcom McLeod for the EPROM images!)

   I have used both RSX11M (not plus as it is an 18 bit system) and RT-11 on different SD cards and it runs both fine.

   I currently have the A/D, Digital Output, and Digital Input modules all working with Macro-11 code I wrote but am having trouble getting the MINC clock to work as it appears to have a different CSR format than the LPS-11 or KWV-11C. A user's guide for it would be greatly appreciated. The MINC-11 engineering drawings have been scanned and are certainly helpful.

   Also, anyone trying to connect to the DB9 terminal blocks for the DLV-11J should be aware that the pin out is NOT the common DB9
RS232 pin out. It takes a special DB9 to DB25 cable DEC provided or some wiring experimentation with an RS232 breakout box. The engineering drawings do document the connections however.

Best regards,
Mark Matlock