The RSTS riddle.

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sat May 21 14:28:50 CDT 2016

On 21/05/2016 19:56, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> [...]
Thank you Rob.

   OK first interesting point.
	SIMH knows about .TAP and real DEC systems don't

    Second point:
           The RSTS install tape is just a bunch of files.
          There's nothing requiring image copy to deal with funny file formats

   Third Point
	There's no way to copy an image only files under any DEC operating system.

   Fourth Point

          If I had a RSTS system how would I make a backup copy of the install tape?

So its a SIMH route answer.

Regards
Rod