Front panel switches - what did they do?

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:35:33 CDT 2016

According to Wikip around 10,000 1130's were sold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_1130

one salesman claims to have sold 1,000.  They were dotted about all over the place, so when I was a Student in the UK Newcastle University had a 360/67. The Polytechnic where I studied had an 1130 as an RJE station, as did Durham University, the "Gas Board", and the British Ship Research Council. Newcastle University also had an 1130 for

As I have said else where the Institute of Oceanographic sciences had one on a ship, and at Bidston Observatory. There is one preserved at The National Museum of Computing, Bletchly.

http://www.tnmoc.org/news/current-projects/ibm-1130-system-restoration-during-2011

which came from Liverpool University....
.. which almost takes us back in a circle, as that link shows the switches and lights.....

Dave
G4UGM