Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Nov 9 22:41:48 CST 2016

On 11/09/2016 06:47 AM, dwight wrote:
> It is interesting that the MX-80 was copied by several other
>
> printer manufactures. For a while, the term MX-80 compatible
>
> was an important selling feature.

The MX-80 (and FX-80) were among the least expensive of widely available
dot-matrix printers that could also do graphics.  Hence the wide appeal.

IIRC, the MX-80 had serial (RS232) as an option with Centronics
standard.  The interesting thing was that the only thing the option
really gave you was the EIA-to-TTL level shifting logic.  I recall
cobbling an adapter up using a couple of 2N2222 transistors and a 9V
battery.

--Chuck