Interested in UNIVAC 9000 Series (and IBM 360)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 18 14:04:48 CST 2016

On 11/18/2016 10:00 AM, william degnan wrote:
> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=658
>
> Hot business women posing with classic UNIVAC hardware and a link to
> a very rare 1968 business proposal by UNIVAC to Philip Morris, an
> attempt to sell either a 418-III or 9400, pricing, comparison with
> IBM 360 models. Included with the proposal were a handful of product
> brochures.  I scanned some of my favorite photos.

Models?  Wasn't the 9300 basically an instruction-compatible model of
the S/360 Model 20?  I think the 9400 was the bottom end 360/30 model
compatible.   Calling the Model 20 a "member of the System 360 line" has
always been a bit of a stretch in my book.

So small cheese in terms of sales proposals, but interesting
nonetheless.  Thanks!

--Chuck