pdp-8e power test/lamps

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Mon Nov 28 21:24:39 CST 2016

Hi folks.

As I begin getting my 8e running, after checking the PS for proper voltages and ripple I connected up the front panel. This picture is with all cards removed, just the PS and front panel.

http://w2hx.com/x/VintageComp/PDP-8e/power-applied-no-cards.jpg

Can anyone tell me if I have burned out bulbs (7 not illuminated in total)? Or is this inconclusive because they may be in some random state?  Or, with all cards out - should I expect all lamps to illuminate? I have read all of the info/threads on bulb this great community has produced, I found a company with a stash of OL-2 which I will probably go with once I determine if I have a bulb problem or not.

Thanks
Eugene W2HX