DEC M9312 Configs for a 11/40

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Nov 29 11:50:46 CST 2016

    > From: William Degnan

    > hit LOAD ADDR
    > address light 16 comes on, RUN/PROC/BUS/CONSOLE lights stay on.

According to the KD11-A manual (pg. 3-2) the address lights on the console
are driven directly from the CPU's Bus Address Register. So you've got an
issue there.

    > If I hit START light 16 turns off.

So it's not wedged on in the CPU. Maybe a console switch issue, then?

    > From: Josh Dersch

    > Try depositing a known word into a specific memory address, like 1000
    > using the console PROM, then try reading it back with the front panel.

The console emulator doesn't directly support access to memory about 56KB (as
would be, with address bit 16 on). To look at that memory, one has to set up
the MMU and turn on mapping - there's a section in the M9312 manual which
shows how to do it.

	Noel