Picked up Commodore Amiga 2000

Sam O'nella barythrin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 23:33:12 CDT 2016

I don't get the lack of love here. Every good hacker knows the answer is because it can. I think it adds to the charm and shows the power of the Amiga quite well. Also it shows off the technology of a computer on a card technology.
For the architecture wars fans it also reflects that they don't need a dreaded "pee see". In any event I'm a fan of emulation and hardware emulation I think is pretty solid technology vs the software counterparts.
In a demo story an Amiga employee in town said he did a demo of his Amiga 3000 tower on a tech TV show. While he was playing some music on the Amiga he started up his bridge board app and loaded Windows 3.x. Then while waiting for Windows to load switched windows to show a restore off an internal SCSI tape drive.
Pretty amazing technology. Plus you could even run a dos game then see the difference in the Amiga version  (that'd be a great VCF demo).
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Hanson <cmhanson at eschatologist.net> Date: 10/5/16  12:50 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Subject: Re: Picked up Commodore Amiga 2000
On Oct 4, 2016, at 7:13 PM, devin davison <lyokoboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks as if PC compatibility

Frankly, um, who cares?