VTServer/etc for V6 Unix

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Oct 18 19:31:09 CDT 2016

So, I'm trying to do what VTServer was invented for - load Unix into an actual
PDP-11, over its serial line, when one doesn't have machine-readable Unix on
any mass storage for the machine.

However, all the initial code that VTServer loads ('mkfs', etc) is V7-specific
(V6 has a slightly different file system format) - and I want to install V6.

Has anyone ever tweaked the programs which VTServer loads to do V6-format
filesystems? I did a quick Google, but didn't see anything.

No biggie if not, it won't be much work to adapt them all, but I figured I'd
try to avoid re-inventing the wheel...

	Noel