2020 Power consumption

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Wed Oct 19 13:05:06 CDT 2016

From: Mike Ross
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:39 AM

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Pontus Pihlgren <pontus at update.uu.se> wrote:

>> Somewhat related, how much power does a 2020 draw on average?

> Bye some enormous coincidence I was just looking through some DEC
> pdp-10 brochures I have.

> DEC advertised the 2020 as drawing no more power that a hairdryer; the
> quoted figure was 1400w as I recall.

Umm, are you sure about that?  That was how we advertised the Toad-1 System
in the 1990s, but the Mighty Mite power supply in the 2020 draws a lot more
than that.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/