2020 Power consumption

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:52:12 CDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Rich Alderson
<RichA at livingcomputermuseum.org> wrote:
> [...]

Remarkably the same text as in the DEC sales brochure I have is
available online!

"Operating in a cabinet five feet high, two and a half feet wide and
two feet deep, and using about as much electricity (1,400 watts) as a
hair drier held up by John Leng, a Digital vice president, the basic
model of the Decsystem 2020 will sell for $150,000 when shipments
begin in July."

http://www.nytimes.com/1978/03/01/archives/technology-more-computer-for-less-money-technology-computer.html

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'