Unibus / Qbus

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:41:48 CDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 5:39 PM, emanuel stiebler <emu at e-bbes.com> wrote:
> Every time I thought about it, or even started, I gave up, because there
> aren't simply enough people who would buy such a thing. The prices for an
> old working Qbus SCSI controller are low enough, to just wait until you get
> one on ebay for a decent price.

For Qbus SCSI, that number seems to hover around $250.  I can't build
one for cheaper than that, and I doubt anyone can.

> So all of my machines have SCSI in the meantime, and the headache of making
> my own is gone ;-)

I do have more than one Qbus SCSI card, but far more Qbus CPUs than I
could ever afford to so equip.  Also, I have plenty of Unibus and one
VAXBI for which SCSI is far more expensive, so I keep dreaming of a
way to do that, but I never get as far as implementation.

-ethan