DEC bus transceivers

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 08:14:31 CDT 2016

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 9:07 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:

> So that figure I was given of 30K in stock is probably not from that one
> vendor, but across all of them. But since nobody is using these chips in a
> product (that I know of), I suspect the number is likely to go down only
> slowly.

The trouble with chip resellers is that it's hard to know which ones are legit, and which ones are in the fake chip business.  There have been some articles in the trade press about chips being sold with false labels, typically with some sort of chip inside but not anything like what the number on the outside indicated.  You might get a memory chip instead of a microprocessor, for example, or a 7400 instead of something more valuable.

	paul