DEC bus transceivers

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Oct 26 08:43:59 CDT 2016

    > From: Paul Koning

    > The trouble with chip resellers is that it's hard to know which ones are
    > legit, and which ones are in the fake chip business.

I suspect that the network of major resellers would tend to keep out the
riff-raff. (They don't need the aggro of dealing with the consequences.)

    > a 7400 instead of something more valuable.

Which is why it's good that the DS8641's are going for little more than a
buck; at that price point, there's only minimal benefit from faking them.

Anyway, for any I get, random samples go straight into my tester board!
"Trust, but verify!" :-)

	Noel