Compupro Disk Images Uploaded

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 00:37:06 CDT 2016

On Oct 30, 2016 1:18 AM, "Mark J. Blair" <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:

> > On Oct 29, 2016, at 18:41, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have uploaded a set of disk images from My Compupro system with an
8085
> > and 8086 card, plus regular z80.
>
> Thanks for sharing! Those images will probably be quite helpful to many
folks trying to resurrect vintage Compupro hardware, myself included.

> One of the links appears to be bad: The filename is "MPM2.1ED", but
clicking it just leads to the site index page.

> I hope you won't hate me for a mild (?) threadjack: I'm looking for
either version 2.2R or version 2.2S of the Compupro CPM-80 Master
Distribution Disk. I've been told by an experienced Compupro guy that those
are the versions I'll want to operate the S-100 system I'm building in
interrupt mode rather than polled I/O mode under CP/M-80. All of the images
I've found online so far are for earlier versions of Compupro CP/M-80,
which I'm told will work in polled mode but lack the interrupt mode
support. But what do I know? I'm new to this stuff!

> The same fellow tells me that Mr. Godbout has never authorized online
copying of the Compupro software as some other out-of-print computer
manufacturers have, and has been known to express strong disagreement with
the practice. To which I naturally reply that I would be quite happy to buy
a new copy of Compupro CP/M-80 2.2R/2.2S at full retail list price from the
legitimate rights holder rather than downloading an image.

> --
> Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
> http://www.nf6x.net/

Mark
It sounds like you have a similar system to mine.  I'd expect you to be
able to boot the cpm86 or cpm 86 gg disks.  The one disk that does not
download may have a typo in the file extension
Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net

Bill Degnan