For sale 128K Core RAM Industrial PDP 11/40 Massbus System

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:41:22 CDT 2016

    > From: Ed Sharpe

    > I wonder if the pdp-11 was just called pdp-11 at t that point or was a
    > pdp-11/20 like we have

Others have better info on this than me...

    > at this time point they got their PDP 11 what did it say on the front
    > panel I wonder?

I'm going to _guess_ that it was the earlier caption; I definitely recall
reading somewhere (maybe that history thing I already provided a link to)
that when the PDP-11/20 first arrived, DEC didn't have a disk drive for it,
and so it sat in a corner for some months (running some chess problem) until
the disk arrived. So that argues that it was a very early production machine.

	Noel