Wanted - two 27C010-capable EPROM emulators

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Sat Sep 3 20:31:33 CDT 2016

On 01/09/16 13:00, Alexandre Souza wrote:

>    Can't you roll your own? It is SO easy to build one, if you don't
> mind the hassle!?

I was looking at that option, but I still have repressed memories from
the last one I designed :P

Getting the PCB layout onto two layers was hell.

If I did it again, I'd use a CPLD and an FTDI FT240X USB interface, but
most CPLDs are 3.3V -- which leaves level translation to a 5V host.

That might well be the path I take -- a custom-designed EPROM emulator
for the Datatrak unit, to plug into the front-panel EPROM board socket.
I was just hoping to be a little lazy and save some effort :)

Thanks,
--
Phil.
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk