VC8E Option

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Sat Sep 10 05:25:12 CDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 03:14:41PM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Pontus Pihlgren <pontus at update.uu.se>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, yes, I think I might actually. What do you have so far?
> >

> I don't have much yet, unfortunately; still trying to get my thoughts
> together on how it should be implemented. Mark Pizzolato recommends using
> as much existing display code as possible. I did start an issue for it
> here, though: https://github.com/simh/simh/issues/337
>
> Kyle

I found Phils code when I looked into this yesterday. There also the VR12
emulation in the, now dormant, GreenPea[1] project. I was wondering which
graphics library to use but since both simh and GreenPea uses SDL I guess
that settle that.

I found and read Dougs[2] VC8E summary. Do you have any other docs? A
cursory look on bitsavers didn't give any result.

/P

[1] https://github.com/andysan/greenpea/
[2] http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/man/vc8e.html