G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:31:32 CDT 2016

On 13 September 2016 at 18:53, Ryan K. Brooks <ryan at hack.net> wrote:
> See Also RedHat and CentOS.    No telnet, netstat, etc.

My lack of fannish enthusiasm for the RH family of Linuxes got me
fired from Red Hat.

Nonetheless, their willingness to remove old, insecure legacy stuff
from the OS so that users are encouraged to get with the programme and
move on to modern modern equivalents -- ssh, the ip command, whatever
-- is something I strongly approve of, and wish Debian and its kin
were quicker to imitate.

Also see merging /bin + /sbin + /usr/bin + /usr/sbin into one and
other such steps.