G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Sep 13 13:50:28 CDT 2016

On 09/13/2016 11:26 AM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> Actually, most of my systems on *this* isolated intranet run a
> telnetd. It's inward facing, of course, but there's no reason for
> encryption on this network when I'm the sole user.

Exactly so--I'm interested in communication between local systems used
by myself.  No need for security.  In fact, most of my systems don't use
passwords for login.  Why?  When I'm the only one using them, demanding
the use of passwords and encryption is pure insanity.

I have enough of a problem remembering the host names of the various boxes.

I might as well install cipher locks on all the interior doors of my
house.  It wouldn't make me one bit more secure--just frustrated with
the useless effort.

--Chuck