Is anyone making replacement clear labels for DEC gear?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Sep 29 12:55:01 CDT 2016

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> That would be a good list to explore.
> I used to have one of these - it was sent to recycling in the past
> year in part because I didn't have any TZ tapes and because the
> drivers for it were for Mac OS 7 and Windows 3.1... (it was not USB -
> it was RS-232 - it was far older than USB)

The term they use is "connectible"|"connectable"
I'd recommend the ones with keyboard, since it is a little more convenient
to use the internals when you don't need fonts and graphics.
Check out the PTD600 ($70)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381136194700     (newegg)
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ptd600

Note: old machines will take TZ tapes AND take TZE tapes.  New machines
will take TZE tapes, and will NOT take TZ tapes.  Difference appears to be
a hole in the cartridge and a plastic peg in the newer machines for the
purpose of preventing using the older (widely copied) tapes.  Once the
"new" tapes are more widely copied, maybe they will "upgrade" to one
with TWO pegs.  Cutting off peg in machine would void warranty.  Drilling
hole in cartridge might be prosecutable under DMCA?   Mine is an old
PT-2600; until it finishes dying, and I replace it with a newer (TZE), I
haven't needed to experiment.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com