APL and descendants - was Re: If C is so evil why is it so successful?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 20:53:40 CDT 2017

At SMECC we have a very curious laptop with a little tape  drive in it
that seems to take small dictation  size tapes.  The little laptop has  a
rounded top to it.  Mfr  name on tip of tongue ... but   ...
It  live in one of the  Glass chasses .. wonder how   scarce they are?
only seen the one...

Ed#

<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 2017-04-13 6:54 PM,  Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> ...or that Iverson  language, APL, present on the 5100 and what was
>> probably one of  the the first microcomputers, the MCM/70.
>>
>> So, whence  APL today?
>
> Still lives on -- Dyalog, J, K, etc. Recently  discovered the #jsoftware
channel on Freenode for APL fans.

For that  matter, APL itself also still exists, the OpenAPL open source
implementation  for example.  Works nicely.

paul