Remex Tape Reader - Pre-power up advice?

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Apr 16 14:02:55 CDT 2017

I would first be more concerned with the ones I've circled

https://goo.gl/photos/jweLs4meE2to3mom8

Guessing this guy was built > 30-40 years ago. If it was mine I would
replace all the smaller ones.

Get it over and done with.

The ones that have screws, you can take the chance of putting a scope
across them (watch out if they are floating !!) and look at the ripple, I
any over say 2%, they are more than likely bad, but you can see if the
reform or not. More then a couple % and you can damage things.

Other things I do

Check the voltages quickly

Check the thermal grease on all the heat sinks.

-pete

PS keep your eyes open from replacement lamps.