What would cause a regular pattern of bad sectors?

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 08:51:29 CDT 2017

Heat damage can cause a fold or wrinkle as well.

Many format programs don't look at the index anymore as it isn't important for reading the disk. It is only used to indicate that the disk is turning.

That is why you see it moving each time you reformat. It is the same place on the disk surface.

Dwight