Attaching DEC Handles, the Right Way

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:03:17 CDT 2017

I'm sure most of you DEC hackers have replaced a broken DEC handle or put handles on a protoboard, and did what I've done in the past: use 4-40 screws and nuts, or pop rivets. Well, I finally came across the right tool for the job, an Indestro tubular rivet set! I cut the head off of a rivet on an old Sundstrand CNC control board that was getting scrapped anyway and discovered they're 1/8" hollow brass rivets, but that a M3 x 5mm is close enough. You can buy the M3 rivets online for cheap, I paid $6 USD for 200 rivets, shipped. Here's the writeup:

http://www.glitchwrks.com/2017/04/25/installing-dec-handles

Thanks,
Jonathan