HP 1331A X-Y display blanking

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 11:14:30 CDT 2017

> On 04/29/2017 10:31 AM, Pete Lancashire wrote: I don't but. If there is
> not a connector on the back, you will need to route the signal to one.
>
> Find the erase button and look at the voltages. The "erase" signal will
> either be grounded to function or will be raise to a voltage level +5 or
> +12 for example.
>
> Once you have that, all you need is a 2 wire connector, a 1/8" audio
> for example.

[GAH, re-send because 'reply' seems to go to the individual poster now
instead of back to the list... ugh :/ Sorry Pete, you're getting two copies ]

Yeah, I'd thought about doing that, too - but then I wondered if pulling
the Z axis negative triggered the erase; that would seem like a neat way of
doing it. I suppose that might be functionality I could add myself, too,
and would avoid having to modify the external panels in any way - however
space inside the case is extremely limited.

> There are manuals on Ebay but for something this simple it is your
> call.

We need a bitsavers equivalent for test equipment! :-)

cheers

Jules