FFS: Elgar IPS1100 UPS

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Apr 29 13:01:59 CDT 2017

Much of what used to be power-hungry connectivity hardware for me has
gone low-power, so I'm scaling back my UPS setup some.

I've got an Elgar IPS1100, nominally rated at 1KVA sine-wave continuous
(9.2A  60 Hz 120VAC).  It's a pretty good-sized UPS, with fan cooling.
It takes 48V in SLA cells (has an internal shelf for 8 6V 12AH ones),
but I've always run it from 4 garden-tractor batteries.

It's pretty good-sized; about 12"x13"x15" and heavy (big transformer).
Made in 1990, has 6 AC receptacles on the back along with an RS-232
connector for status notification.

Back in the day, this was a pretty high-end unit; manufacture date is 05/90.

Yours for shipping; batteries not included.

--Chuck