Importing a PDP-8 from Canada

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:35:35 CDT 2017

From: cctech [cctech-bounces at classiccmp.org] on behalf of Michael Thompson via cctech [cctech at classiccmp.org]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 8:15 PM
To: cctech
Subject: Importing a PDP-8 from Canada

The RICM has an opportunity to get a PDP-8/M (built in Maynard, MA) that is
in Canada. I remember that there was a discussion on the procedure here,
but I can't find it with Google.

Can you either point me to the discussion, or tell me what the procedure is?

--
Michael Thompson

Many moons ago I got a bunch of computer equipment from Canada.
VAXStations and X-terminals.  The Canadian just packaged them up and sent
them.  They were old enough to be considered valueless from a Customs
standpoint.  I expect a PDP-8 to fall in the same catagory.

bill