2.11BSD on two RL02 drives? Probably not, but...

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 13:32:05 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I will soon be getting a PDP-11/73 with 1MB of RAM, an RLV12 and DEQNA
controllers. I already have two RL02 and packs (which need a clean),
with thanks to Dave Wade on this list.

Ideally I would like to run 2.11BSD, on two RL02 drives, I'm not sure
this is going to be possible. Does anyone know/think otherwise? Maybe by
removing *many* unnecessary and running strip on any binaries left from
my destruction? Ignoring spare for the user, for the time being...

If not, what other UNIX options are there which I will be able to use,
supporting the DEQNA and running on two RL02 drives?

Input much appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron.