2.11BSD on two RL02 drives? Probably not, but...

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Aug 3 10:12:12 CDT 2017

On 8/3/17 7:10 AM, Rick Bensene via cctalk wrote:

> I've found much the same with ESDI drives...they tend to die just sitting, and it's not stiction that seems to be the culprit...they simply quit working.

That isn't good news. I still have about 100 drives that came out of Apollo's development cluster to image. Mostly
Micropolis and Maxtor >300mb.

If I actually get this done, I should have a pile of tested drives when it's over.

--

It would be nice, though if someone just finished a MSCP controller with a CF or SD on it.