Disk imaging with IMD - question

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Aug 9 15:47:02 CDT 2017

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017, Richard Cini via cctalk wrote:
> Thanks Fred. The Adaptec controller I'm using has a NatSemi controller
> and passes all IMD tests. I have an SBC floating around with a WD37xx
> chip so maybe I'll try that this weekend.

That is SO compatible with the NEC 765 chips that I'm going to CALL it an
NEC chip.
I wonder if has the same "flash-blind" behavior following index?
I'll go out on a limb saying that I think that it will NOT give you any
chaange from using an NEC chip made by NEC or generic chinese, so long as
they pass Dave's TESTFDC program(s)

I don't think that any of the Gazelle formats described in:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86-DOS#Disk_formats
should provide any significant problems for a FM capable NEC chip.
BUT, I could  be wrong, and the 1793 is CAPABLE of doing things that NEC
can't tolerate.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com