Disk imaging with IMD - question

rich.cini at verizon.net rich.cini at verizon.net
Wed Aug 9 17:12:29 CDT 2017

Will do. These 242 drives are NOS and I have several. I'll swap them too.

Lots to do this weekend!

Rich

Sent from Verizon/AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

There's also the possibility that the drive alignment is so far out of
whack that you're not seeing the data on the SCP disks. This is
unlikely in drives that haven't been diddled with, but unless you bought
the drive NOS, you don't know that.

Grab a known-good 8" floppy--the format doesn't really matter, as long
as it's fairly IBM 3740 compliant (Single-side, single-density, 128 byte
FM sectors). An RX01 floppy is good for that. See what IMD shows.

--Chuck