DR-DOS

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:36:54 CST 2017

On 17 November 2017 at 14:30, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope this is vintage enough.
>
> I've been playing around some more with my projects to create VMs /
> bootable USB keys with PC DOS 7.1 and DR-DOS.

Status update:

I now have a working VirtualBox VM with DR-DOS 7.01-06, the last
stable version from the DR-DOS Enhancement Project, which includes
FAT32 support.

It's a bootable hard disk image, with the DR-DOS multitasker and
ViewMax enabled: in other words, a multitasking FAT32-capable FOSS
DOS, complete with a GUI.

I'm currently working on turning it into a bootable USB key as well,
but there do seem to be some problems with that. I've managed it once,
with PC DOS 7.0, but not again, and I'm not sure what I'm doing
differently. Anyway, that's a separate consideration for now.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com